Wednesday, December 26, 2007

A Christmas to remember...

A Christmas to remember...

First off as I said before I spent Dec. 23rd cooking tamales and then the 24th I cooked even more food! I am telling you that I thought that my family ate a lot of food! We ate apples and grapes, the big Christmas fruits and on top of that we had mega amounts of tamales and cookies and pastries!

The evening of the 24th is when all the celebrating is done! I went to a Christmas program and then to church and after church we went home and ate more! We were eating because we were waiting for midnight...midnight here is like the 4th of July in the US expect everyone lets off their fireworks at the exact same time, you can only imagine! It was cool though to look out and be able to see fireworks across the mountains, and the sky was lit up with some many colors and everyone was out on the streets huging and wishing everyone a Merry Christmas! It was actually really cool! After midnight everyone goes to visit their family, I did not partake in this activity because I could not stay awak, it was way past my normal bedtime (9 pm)!

The 25th is just another day but without work, so we just lounged around the house and watched tons of TV! Although I was sick with the stomach flu which kinda made the day suck!


I am fine now and got it all out of my system, thank God! I hate having to travel on the buses with a sick stomach, not a fun experience!

Well I hope you all had a great Christmas and have an even better New Year!

No comments: